On my last blog, I said I don’t believe in resolutions because I tend to fail miserably at them. Unless you are a phenomenally disciplined person that sticks to what you say you will do, you will probably fail too. Why? Because it is pretty hard to dramatically change your actions and expect these to become habits from one day to the next. And if you are very good at doing this, you probably would not worry too much about resolutions and only do it.
What I do believe in though is that we have the power and the ability to improve, finesse, change and even “perfect” our lives today. And as we get to this year end, between decluttering my monkey mind and turning over a new leaf, I will think about the context upon which I do this, the how.
For next year:
- I will live a life full of connection. True connection, one that requires emotion, passion and being true to oneself and to others. Connections that make our lives richer and fuller.
- I will be active. A true commitment to my health, how I eat, how I move, how I recover. This is the only body I have and I want to be around for a lot longer.
- I will take notice. Complete awareness to my surroundings, the people around me, the beauty this world brings and the challenges it poses. Being aware makes us alive.
- I will live a life full of learning. We should never stop learning and we live in a world in which this is easier, cheaper and more accessible than ever. We need to take advantage of this.
- I will live a life full of giving. We are fortunate people and we can give to others. Our time, our money, our understanding, our love. Remove politics from the equation, just give more of myself to the world.
This is my compass for 2019 and beyond. Whatever I achieve, fail at, discover, encounter will be a result of this compass. And regardless of the outcome, I will be happy knowing that as long as I followed my compass, I have been true to what I believe.
Happy new year great people. I wish you all the best in this next step of your life!